HOW TO BACK UP AND RESTORE STICKY NOTES IN WINDOWS 10?
By ADMIN | January 3, 2019
CATEGORY : BLOG | BLOG DYNAMIC | BUSINESS TRAVEL | LATEST NEWS
Steps To Backup & Restore Sticky Notes On Windows 10, 7, and 8Sticky Notes is an application which has been used to take notes on Windows. The app’s interface has changed a lot. The Windows 10 version also allows you to sync them with the cloud to keep them safe. But, if you have an older version of Windows, you must create a backup so that you can restore them whenever you want.
How To Create the Backup?To create a backup on Windows, follow these steps:
- Press Windows and R key to open Run command and type the command: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState & click the OK button.
- Navigate to plum.sqlite file, right click and select Copy from the context menu.
- Press Windows and E key together to open Windows File Explorer. Open the folder location where you want to export the backup.
- Right-click in the folder location & choose Paste from the context menu.
How To Restore the Backup?Whenever you want to restore, follow these steps
- Press Windows and E key together to launch File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder where you created a backup.
- Right-click plum.sqlite file, and copy it (Press Ctrl and C to copy)
- Press Windows and R to get Run box and type the following path: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
- Press the OK button.
- Right-click LocalState folder and select Paste or just select the folder and press Ctrl + V to paste.
- Press Windows and R to get Run Window. Now copy the following path and paste in the box: %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes
- You will get StickyNotes.snt file.
- Copy the file and paste it in the desired folder to keep a backup.
Restore:Follow these steps to restore.
- Close Sticky Notes.
- Press Windows and I to get to Settings.
- Navigate to Apps & Features.
- Locate Sticky Notes and click on it.
- Click Advanced Options to go next window.
- Click Reset.
- Now Press Windows and R to get the Run box and type the following: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbw\LocalState
- In Local State Folder, create a Subfolder called “Legacy”
- Now go to the folder where you have copied the StickyNotes.snt file and copy and paste it to the Legacy folder.
- Rename the Sticky notes.snt to “ThresholdNotes.snt”